Tuesday 17 April 2012

Levon Helm

Levon Helm's family just announced that he is in the final stages of his battle with cancer. We all need to join together in sending our good vibes out into the universe for Levon. He has not only been a huge influence on me personally but also on pretty much every band and musician I love. Levon wrote some of The Band's greatest songs including "The Weight" "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" "Cripple Creek" and "Ophelia". I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this man and his music and how sad this makes me. I am not sure I am mentally or emotionally prepared to live in a world without Levon and where Justin Bieber is still making music. I will likely name my first born son Levon (although through a quick google search I just found out that Elton John named his son after Levon Helm).

 

Dear Friends,
Levon is in the final stages of his battle with cancer. Please send your prayers and love to him as he makes his way through this part of his journey.

Thank you fans and music lovers who have made his life so filled with joy and celebration... he has loved nothing more than to play, to fill the room up with music, lay down the back beat, and make the people dance! He did it every time he took the stage...

We appreciate all the love and support and concern.
From his daughter Amy, and wife Sandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment