Saturday 10 March 2012

Dickens with a Twist



Last weekend Claire and I went to see David play violin with the Counterpoint Community Orchestra at St. Luke's United Church (353 Sherbourne Street). The concert was a tribute to Charles Dickens in honour of his 200th birthday. I won't pretend to know anything about classical music, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, the selections from the musical "Oliver!" were a delight! whe-e-r-re iissss looovvvee?

I was also excited to discover that St. Luke's is a Langley and Burke designed church. Sadly, the interior was in pretty bad shape. I'd love to go back in the daytime and get a better look at the exterior, from what I saw it looks like an interesting mix of both Gothic and Romanesque revival styles.

St. Luke's (photo from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment